ISCD improves the quality of diagnosis, treatment and care provided to patients by promoting excellence in the field of bone densitometry.
What We Do
The ISCD is the leading membership organization for professionals working to assess, monitor and treat skeletal health.
- We provide continuing education and certification to physicians and technologists in the medical community that have an interest in the field of bone densitometry. View our current course offerings.
- We address the latest issues and advancements in densitometry and communicate them to our members through our communications and publications. View the Journal of Clinical Densitometry.
- We are impacting quality densitometry and osteoporosis treatment in over 50 countries, from Australia to Uruguay — connecting researchers, technologists, physicians, and others with an interest in the field.
- We address local and regional threats to patient access and fair reimbursement for quality diagnosis and treatment. Learn more about our advocacy.
- We partner with other organizations to deliver the most impactful information to our members. Learn more about our current collaboration, Clinical Osteoporosis 2017.
Who We Are
Founded in 1993, ISCD helps more than 2,600 members deliver quality skeletal health assessments and treatments.
- ISCD is a true multidisciplinary organization. Our members represent a variety of medical specialties, academic disciplines and professional positions. View a list of current member disciplines.
- The ISCD Board of Director members are leaders in the field of densitometry and osteoporosis—top practitioners, technologists and researchers who serve to help grow and lead the industry. View our current Board of Directors.
- ISCD hosts dozens of committees that provide the opportunity for members to engage in our work and impact the field of densitometry. Learn more about our committees.
ISCD welcomes all medical disciplines and individuals interested in promoting quality densitometry to join with us.
Today, with our aging population it is more important than ever to stay on top of the issues of assessment and treatment of osteoporosis. Learn more about our benefits & join.
Last modified: March 17, 2017