Certified Clinical Densitometrist (CCD™®) is accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) professional designation awarded to clinicians who meet specified knowledge requirements measured through a standardized testing process for the interpretation of bone densitometry. Successful candidates can use the CCD™® designation after their names. This is a five year (5) certification. The CCD™® Exam is offered at computer-based PSI locations worldwide and paper and pencil at designated ISCD pre-selected sites. The exam is comprised of 100 questions. Participants have 2 hours to complete the exam.
Certification is open to clinicians who interpret bone densitometry examinations and includes: physicians, certified nurse practitioners, certified physician assistants, fellows, residents and PhD’s.
Clinicians must be in good standing with their medical licensing board. Fellows/Residents must have their Program Director acknowledge their good standing in the Fellow/Resident program.
- Download and print the CCD Handbook and Application
- Fill out the application (home address and email required)
- Submit application to the ISCD via fax or mail with appropriate fee
Candidates will be notified in writing with a pass/fail score within four weeks following the date of the examination. No results will be provided by telephone, fax or email. Scores are released ONLY to the individual candidate.
Locations & Testing Windows
- The CCD™® is offered at PSI computer based testing sites located throughout the world internationally AND paper and pencil exam throughout the year at designated ISCD pre-selected sites.
To find a PSI computer based testing site in your area click HERE.
To find a Paper and Pencil course location click HERE.
- The CCD™® Exam is offered throughout the year:
- is offered on weekdays and weekends
ISCD Exam Testing windows
January - December
January - December
Studying for the Exam
- Suggested reference material 1 – 5 can be purchased from many online book providers.
Last modified: March 14, 2017