Certified Clinical Densitometrist (CCD™®) is a professional certification in the field of bone densitometry. It recognizes medical practitioners who meet specified knowledge requirements measured through a standardized testing process. Successful candidates can use the CCD™® designation after their names. This is a five year (5) certification. The CCD™® Exam is computer-based and offered at Prometric Centers. The exam is comprised of 75 questions. Participants have 2 hours to complete the exam.
Certification is open to clinicians who interpret bone densitometry examinations and includes: physicians, certified nurse practitioners, certified physician assistants, fellows, residents and PhD’s.
Clinicians must be in good standing with their medical licensing board. Fellows/Residents must have their Program Director acknowledge their good standing in the Fellow/Resident program.
- Download and print the CCD Handbook and Application
- Fill out the application (home address and email required)
- Submit application to the ISCD via fax or mail with appropriate fee
Candidates will be notified in writing with a pass/fail score within six to eight weeks following the close date of the examination window. No results will be provided by telephone, fax or email. Scores are released ONLY to the individual candidate.
Locations & Testing Windows
- The CCD™® exam is administered at Prometric testing sites. Prometric™ is a wholly-owned, independently operated subsidiary of Education Testing Service (ETS). Prometric™ provides computer based testing sites in more than 3000 locations across the globe allowing the greatest access possible to take the ISCD CCD™® examination.
To find a location in your area click HERE.
- The CCD™® Exam is offered during Bi-Monthly testing windows and:
- is offered on weekdays and weekends
- is offered up to 3 times per day.
ISCD Exam Testing windows
Please note that 2015 testing information is not yet available.
January 1 - 31
Application Deadline: November 30
March 1 - 31
Application Deadline: January 31
|May 1 - 31|
Application Deadline: March 31
|July 1- 31
Application Deadline: May 31
|September 1 - 30|
Application Deadline: July 31
|November 1 - 30
Application Deadline: September 30
Studying for the Exam
- Suggested reference material 1 can be purchased from many online book providers
- Suggested reference material 2 & 3 can be purchased from the “BoneYard“
- You may also take the Clinician Certification Exam Practice Test
Last modified: August 11, 2014