Certified Clinical Densitometrist (CCD®) is accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) professional designation awarded to clinicians who meet specified knowledge requirements measured through a standardized testing process for the interpretation of bone densitometry. Successful candidates can use the CCD® designation after their names. This is a five year (5) certification. The CCD® Exam is offered at computer-based PSI locations worldwide and paper and pencil at designated ISCD pre-selected sites. The exam is comprised of 100 questions. Participants have two and a half hours to complete the exam.
Certification is open to clinicians who interpret bone densitometry examinations and includes: physicians, certified nurse practitioners, certified physician assistants, fellows, residents, and PhD’s.
Clinicians must be in good standing with their medical licensing board. Fellows/Residents must have their Program Director acknowledge their good standing in the Fellow/Resident program.
- Download and print the CCD Handbook and Application
- Fill out the application (home address and email required)
- Submit application to the ISCD via fax or mail with appropriate fee
Candidates will be notified in writing with a pass/fail score within four weeks following the date of the examination. No results will be provided by telephone, fax or email. Scores are released ONLY to the individual candidate.
If you fail the exam, you can apply to retake the test by completing the form below.
CCD Exam Retest Application
Locations & Testing Windows
- The CCD® is offered at PSI computer based testing sites located throughout the world internationally AND paper and pencil exam throughout the year at designated ISCD pre-selected sites.
To find a PSI computer based testing site in your area click HERE (select Healthcare, ISCD and exam type).
To find a Paper and Pencil course location click HERE.
- The CCD® Exam is offered throughout the year:
- is offered on weekdays and weekends
Studying for the Exam
- Suggested reference material 1 – 5 can be purchased from many online book providers.
Last modified: July 23, 2019