77 year-old white male presents for bone density testing on a GE Lunar Prodigy densitometer. He reports a history of arthritis but is otherwise healthy. Height is 66.5 inches and weight 150 pounds.
- Based on the spine and femur scans, what is your diagnosis?
- Is the bone density of the lumbar spine normal?
- Why may there be such a discrepancy between the right and
left total mean BMD values?
- Does the femur discrepancy invalidate the Total Mean Femur BMD?
- What further evaluation is indicated?
- Is treatment appropriate?