Each year at the ISCD’s Annual Meeting, ISCD members are recognized for their service to the ISCD and to the field of densitometry. Click here to view a complete listing of Past ISCD award recipients. To review the nominations process and eligibility requirements – click here.
Nominations are accepted during the designated time for the following awards:
- Dr. Paul D. Miller ISCD Service Award
Presented annually to an ISCD member for distinguished service and dedication to the ISCD.
- Dr. Oscar S. Gluck ISCD Humanitarian Award
Presented to an ISCD member with a history of contributing to the alleviation of human suffering, protection of life, outstanding service to the community, or the promotion of health in underserved populations – with no expectation of compensation.
- Dr. John P. Bilezikian ISCD Global Leadership Award
Presented to an ISCD member for distinguished service and leadership in the global promotion of the field of bone densitometry and the ISCD.
- ISCD Clinician of the Year Award
Presented annually to an outstanding ISCD clinician for distinguished service to the field of densitometry in the areas of publication, education or leadership.
- ISCD Technologist of the Year Award
Presented annually to an outstanding ISCD technologist for distinguished service to the field of densitometry in the areas of publication, education or leadership.
- Dr. Sydney Bonnick ISCD Award for Excellence in Densitometry
Presented annually to an ISCD technologist who consistently exceeds expectations in the daily clinical practice of densitometry by exemplifying the highest level of quality and knowledge.
- ISCD Researcher of the Year Award (New award in 2019)
Presented annually to an outstanding ISCD researcher for distinguished service to the field of densitometry in the areas of publication, education or leadership.
- The following individuals cannot be nominated for awards:
a. Current Officers of ISCD
b. Current members of the Awards Committee
c. Previous awardees may not receive the same award twice, however, they can be nominated for a receive another award.
- Members of the Awards Committee may not submit nominations nor write letters of recommendation for nominees.
- Nominees not selected for the prior year are not automatically carried forward to the current year of nomination. A new nomination must be submitted each year for each award.
- There is not a requirement that a specific award has to be made each year. Additionally, one or more individuals can share an award in the same year.
- Chair of Awards Committee is the Immediate Past President.
The committee is comprised of up to 12 members appointed by the President.
Last modified: December 22, 2017