Board Positions Available in 2018 – Submit a Nomination Now!
- President Elect – (1 year President-Elect, 1 year President, 1 year Immediate Past-President), the President-Elect shall discharge the duties of the President in case of the latter’s absence or disability. The President-Elect shall perform such other duties as from time to time may be assigned by the President or the Board. The President-Elect shall automatically become President upon the expiration of the term of President and Immediate Past President upon completion of his/her term as President, making the total committment 3 years.
- Vice President – (1 year term), the Vice-President shall perform such duties as may be assigned by the President or the Board. The Vice President is often asked to consider, and is often nominated for, the President-Elect’s position immediately following his/her term as Vice President.
- Secretary – (3 year term),The Secretary shall have responsibility for all ISCD records and shall serve all notices as required by the Bylaws and other duties as the President or Board shall assign. This position also serves on the Executive Committee and Chairs the Compensation Committee.
- Asia Pacific Regional Panel Representative – (3 year term), The Asia Pacific Panel is a group of skeletal health experts whose purpose is to address the mission of the ISCD and work towards achieving the goals and objectives of the ISCD in the Iberian-American region. The representative must be a member of the panel and be a member of ISCD in good standing.
- Facility Accreditation Council Chair – (3 year term), The Facility Accreditation Council is responsible for oversight of the Society’s Facility Accreditation Program, setting standards and assessment criteria as well as approving facilities for accreditation by ISCD. The Council Chair determines the membership of the committee. The Chair must be a member of ISCD in good standing.
- Public Policy Committee Chair – (3 year term), The purpose of the Public Policy Committee is to monitor and influence state, federal, and international regulations as well as insurance reimbursement policies that impact bone densitometry accessibility, reimbursement, certification, and accreditation. The Council Chair determines the membership of the committee. The Chair must be a member of ISCD in good standing.
- Scientific Advisory Council Chair – (3 year term), The purpose of the Scientific Advisory Council to deal with ISCD scientific issues, abstracts, and policy statements. The Council Chair determines the membership of the committee. Chair must be a member of ISCD in good standing.
Elections and Terms from Bylaws: Nominations for 2018 close on November 13, 2017. Look for election information in early January 2018!
Last modified: September 1, 2017