The ISCD Certification encompasses Clinicians and Technologists in Bone Densitometry through one of three certification programs; Certified Clinical Densitometrist (CCD), Certified Bone Densitometry Technologist (CBDT), and Certified Densitometry Technologist (CDT).
The NCCA’s Standards for the Accreditation of Certification Programs were the first standards developed by the credentialing industry for professional certification programs. The NCCA Standards were developed to help ensure the health, welfare, and safety of the public. They highlight the essential elements of a high-quality program. The NCCA standards are consistent with The Standards for Educational and Psychological Testing (AERA, APA, & NCME, 1999) and are applicable to all professions and industries.
Maintenance of Certification
Maintenance of Certification (MOC) is an opportunity developed by the ISCD to streamline the requirements of recertification; track continuing education credits earned towards renewal and provide educational programs to meet the continuing education requirements. MOC is now a benefit for ISCD Members and requires no additional fees, but also is available to non-members who choose to enroll annually, in the MOC program. Staying current with the MOC program will eliminate the recertification fee when your certification expires.
What are the benefits of MOC?
- MOC provides you with access to ISCD online education to meet your continuing education requirements at no additional charge. ISCD encourages you to complete at least seven (7) credits each year to maintain your certification with ease.
- ISCD tracks and provides an annual update of the credits you have earned through the ISCD toward your continuing education requirements.
- CBDT and CCD will both be 5-year certification requiring 35 hours of continuing education to renew.
- Your certification will automatically renew on your anniversary date, provided that you have obtained 35 CE/CME credits, your annual ISCD Membership is current, or your annual MOC agreement is in good standing.
- If your ISCD Membership or your MOC agreement lapses at any point during the certification period, you will need to sit for the certification exam to recertify.
How does the MOC program work for you?
If you are currently certified…
- And, a member of ISCD, the MOC program is included as a member benefit. At your next certification renewal, simply complete the recertification application and submit. Be sure your ISCD membership is kept current! This automatically enrolls you in the MOC program.
- Or, if you do NOT wish to be an ISCD Member, when you renew your certification by application, you will automatically be enrolled in MOC for one year and will then need to pay MOC dues annually.
***Please note: If you did not recertify by application or exam after January, 2015 you are not yet enrolled in the MOC program. You have to recertify by exam or application after January of 2015 to be enrolled in the MOC program.
If you want to become certified…
- Candidates for both the CCD and the CBDT must complete an application to sit for the exam.
- Once eligibility is determined, you can sit for the initial certification exam, offered each year.
- Once you pass the exam, your CCD or CBDT certification is valid for a period of five (5) years. ISCD Members are automatically enrolled in the MOC program. Non-members will be enrolled in MOC for one year and then need to pay the MOC dues annually.
For more information on Maintenance of Certification please visit the FAQ’s: FAQ Page
What is Certification?
Certification is the formal recognition of the specialized knowledge, skills, and experience demonstrated by existing best practices and standards in the field of credentialing. Successful programs build on a foundation of core competencies identified and updated periodically by practitioners in the field. Volunteers at all experience levels and topic specialties legitimize the program through their participation at each stage of the process. ISCD Certification is for an individual and is separate from ISCD membership.
ISCD Certification Exam Windows
|Exam Window||Application Deadline|
|2016 January – December||No Deadline|
|2017 January – December||No Deadline|
Last modified: August 10, 2016